Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thirsty Thursday - Stout and Tripel

Lets keep this week's Thirsty Thursday short and sweet, shall we. I couldn't decide on one, so I drank both...and liked it!


Deschutes Brewery
Obsidian Stout. When the leaves (and snow today!) start falling, I start drinking stouts again, and this one from Bend, Oregon is at the top of the heap when it comes to American Stouts.


Bringing it closer to home, I couldn't resist finishing off my last New Belgium Trippel this evening while watching the Huskers get a big win Missouri. The Triple, with its complex array of flavors, is my favorite of the Belgian beer styles, and New Belgium's Trippel is a great example of this style. If you're ready to explore the world of Belgian beers, this would be a good beer to start with.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't beat that trippel for a 6 buck six pack. Cheers!

sda said...

dude o'dells isolation hit the shelves the this week. nom nom nom nom.

[mk] said...

i need to pick up some isolation. anyone seen tenfidy on the shelves yet?