Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thirsty Thursday - Little Sumpin' Extra! Ale

Get your refresh button ready kids as I'll be posting something about tasty drinks every Thursday in my new Thirsty Thursday series here on the thirtyfourtwenty. I've selected this little beauty from Lagunitas Brewing Co. in Petaluma, CA for the inaugural Thirsty Thursday post. I have a limited selection of Lagunitas beers at my disposal, so I take advantage of any opportunity to taste their beers. They're also a Soulcraft sponsor, but I digress. Lets dig into the details...

Beer: Little Sumpin' Extra! Ale
Brewer: Lagunitas Brewing Co - Petaluma, CA
Style: Double IPA / Imperial IPA
ABV: 8.74
Serving Type: Bottle poured into pint glass

I love double IPA's, and this one reminds me why. A fruity hop character, with hints of orange and pineapple flavor, not too much alcohol taste, and just the right amount of body make this beer so easy to drink. I'll be heading to my local shop to clean them out before someone else beats me to the punch.

PS - This is my first attempt at writing a beer review, so stay tuned as hopefully my reviews become more useful...

Beers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds really good. cali knows how to do ipa.