Friday, July 31, 2009

Phish - Red Rocks - July 30, 2009

Phish - Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Morrison, CO - July 30, 2009 - Photo by Mitch Kline - mitchkline.com
This was my first Phish show since 2/18/2003 and the first time I've gone to a show without having a ticket beforehand. I rode my bike to the lots in hopes of finding an extra and at the very least getting a nice evening ride. There were very few tickets available and the few that were selling were going for $200 and up. I had all but lost hope of getting in and was literally riding out of the last lot when a group of guys, one with an extra reserved ticket, walked right up to me. I asked how much, he said $100, I paid! I rode back up the hill to the upper north lot (my third climb up on my 39x16 fixed cross bike!), locked my bike to my brother's car, and went in to the show!

I must say, I don't think I've ever been so happy to get into a concert! It took until about half way through the first set for me to even believe I was there. I said all along that if I was going to get in, it would have to be a right-place-at-the-right-time sort of deal, and it was. Divine intervention? Sometimes I have to wonder.

I'll spare you the blow-by-blow details, but a few highlights are in order. The show really was solid from start to finish, with no significant low points in the setlist. Dividid Sky and Stash stood out in the first set. Ghost > Wolfman's was THE highlight of the show.

More photos will be posted here, on my site, on my photography blog, or on my flickr account.

Setlist/Download (livephish.com)

No comments: