Tuesday, November 13, 2007

1% For The Planet

So I'm sure the few of you that stumble upon this blog are doing at least a few things to help us out of this colossal environmental mess the humans have managed to create on this planet. I'm far from doing everything that I can do, but I'm constantly trying to learn and act on obvious things that I think make a difference (recycling, commuting by bike when possible, conserving water/electricity, etc.) One project that I think can make a big difference is 1% For The Planet. Started by Yvon Chouinard, founder and owner of Patagonia, 1% For The Planet consists of businesses committed to donating 1% of sales to environmental groups around the world. There are currently over 700 members. Patagonia is one of my favorite outdoor equipment companies, not only because of the quality of their gear, but because of their commitment to help make this world a better place to live. I'd urge you to support those companies committed to making a difference...

No comments: